Thursday, September 9, 2010

2010 Maryland State Fair

I named my farm (teensie urban garden) in the Spring - the plan was to enter stuff at the fair this year.
Well, I just went to pick up my ribbons on Tuesday. I won 5!



















2nd place Red Ribbon  - Pickling Cucumbers over 4"




It was the first time I ever entered anything in the fair. I actually got a Blue Ribbon for my Hot sauce. It is really HOT!



1st place Blue Ribbon - Hot Sauce
2nd place Red Ribbon - Pickled Wax Beans
3rd place White Ribbon  - Strawberry Rhubarb Conserves






2nd place Ribbon - Vegetable oddity (carrot)


It was not my intention to even put this in - but I figured I had it - and look at that I won! woo hoo!


 Now I am saving seeds and getting ready for next year.


Check back for more Pics - the Lake Walker Block Party is this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment