Sunday, September 26, 2010

ABC = Apple • Butter • Cayenne

Today was really fun!

I got a bushel of apples at the Waverly farmers market yesterday. I bought seconds - and they were only $2.50.



The plan was to make apple sauce - but there were too many apples, so I had to think quickly. A bushel is a lot - about 40 pounds of apples!
 Look at how many peels I have!!!



 This is the second batch of apples I cooked - Spiced apples with Cayenne pepper!  "D"licious


First I made the Apple Sauce - it is Delicious!

Then I made Apple Butter - but with a kick - I added a 1/4 teaspoon of my dried and ground pepper mix from my garden! along with other tasty ingredients. If you want the recipe - email me.


Then I also decided to make Spiced Apples - and they are really good too.
Lots of Jars of Apple stuff!!

No comments:

Post a Comment